Skip to main content

Ps.46:10[NIV, with emphasis] “Be still, and know that I am God.”

God speaks to people who take the time to listen. When you still yourself, you are better able to listen and God is able to speak to you. He is able to breathe upon you. When the water is disturbed, it is almost impossible to see the bottom of the swimming pool. But when that same water is still, you can see through clearly.

God takes us to a new level [and He will continue to take us higher in Him in Jesus Name], but while we are getting into the flow of things, because we are humans, we get ruffled. It could be anxiety that throws us off course. Or anger that ticks us off and takes us off course. The question is - how does one attain that oneness with the Spirit of God in the place of waiting? I am going to share three things I do and if you deploy them, it will help you too.

The first thing I do is to calm down and regurgitate the Word. I speak [I confess] the Word of God. If you do not know Scriptures by heart, it is okay to write them down or read aloud directly from your Bible. Just speak God’s Word over yourself. In fact, sometimes I deliberately read scriptures in Yoruba [my local dialect] just to engage my mind and focus. I, like a lot of other people, think in English. My grand mother came to live with us when I was a teenager and anyone who spoke in Yoruba gets an extra piece of meat. Guess what happened? We all began to speak in Yoruba in one week, I think. So reciting Scripture in Yoruba forces my mind to think about the words; words about my God, His glory, His awesomeness, His power, His plans for me, and my life in Him.

Another thing I do is sing. The Holy Spirit is a singing Spirit. Have you noticed that sometimes you wake up with a song in your heart? Sometimes I get behind the keyboard and play and it ushers me into God’s Presence and I feel His hand upon me. A similar thing happened to Elisha in 2 Kings 3 [please read]. Three kings had gotten into trouble and they needed God’s help; so they reached out to Elisha. But anger detuned Elisha, so he asked for a minstrel [a musician]. The Bible says that as the minstrel began to play, the hand of the Lord came upon Elisha and he prophesied. Music [worship] is powerful.


Prayer [song]: Hallelujah (4x). I adore You (4x). Lord, I love You (4x). Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

His Channels

Rom.1:20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God [with emphasis]. So far we have examined three channels God uses to speak to us. If you are not reading your Bible consistently, if you are not listening to messages over and over again, and if you are not accountable to other believers, you do not have believers that are speaking into your life, you have already missed three main channels God speaks through. Channel #4: God speaks to us through His Creation. Ps.19:1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. 2 Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. 3 They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. 4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth, and their words to all the world [with emphasis]. God’s cre...

Dominion Mandate Daily Devotional Wednesday March 2, 2016

THEME: MAKE ROOM FOR GOD 2Corinthians 1-9 You should not be among the many that are living without the precious things God promised.The LORD Jesus Christ said in John 16:24" Until now you have asked nothing in My name.Ask,and you will receive,that your joy may be full. In making plans for your life and your future,stop focusing attention on only what you think you can do and what your resources can carry. You will be limiting God by so doing.When you plan for only what you can achieve by your personal efforts,you exclude God's grace and weary yourself with much toiling and energy exertion.Instead,you should make room for God in every plan you make. Plan to grow bigger and better in every unfolding phase of your life. When you plan for bigger things than your known resources can carry,do so with clear understanding that only God will help you to attain your desires.This understanding drives you to your knees.As you consistently pray and hold unto God,miracle are birthed...

Dominion Mandate Daily Devotional February 26, 2016

THEME: RETREAT TO REFRESH READ: Matt. 11:25-30 When some musicians want to release great songs, they retreat to secluded places where they can reflect, meditate and create. Some choose places overlooking the vast oceans, some choose where there are waterfalls, and some choose places with thick forestations.  As they observe the beauty of nature, the swift moves and songs of the soaring birds, the colourful flowering vegetations, the serene beaches and the unending waves of the nearby waters, they capture inspiration that helps them develop the hit songs they have been longing for. I met one of the world’s renowned musicians in Atlanta, USA a few years ago where journalist surrounded him and were asking what he had come to do and why his beards had grown so much. He said that his last album did not perform well enough and he was incubating another one he wanted to release that would perform better. He said that he needed to pull away from the Noise of New York and California ...